Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm just sayin...

I like to think of myself as an actor.

That is why I am here at NYU; I am studying acting here at Tisch.

My first year here I was constantly surrounded by fellow actors and Tischies in all my classes. For the most part, I enjoyed being in the Tisch bubble.

This year things are a little different.

I am taking Intro to Psych because I am very interested in the human psyche and behavior. It compliments acting quite well.

Because of this connection, there are several of us acting students in my Intro to Psych recitation.

I immediately regret grouping myself with the other acting students because they are (to be blunt) very obnoxious. No, wait...extremely obnoxious.

These are kids who in high school might be called "drama fags". I use this term for lack of a better one. I mean not to offend.

They are unnecessarily loud, rude, full of themselves, and might I add, stupid.
I usually don't pass such judgement upon people but they have annoyed the living fuck out of me for the past 6 weeks.
I feel bad for everyone else in the class who isn't an irritating wanna-be actor. These quiet individuals are there because maybe someday they'll be a psychologist, researcher, doctor, social worker, etc and they want to get the most out of the class. I feel they are unable to do that because these idiots are constantly taking up the short time we have with their inane questions and unwarrented laughter. I really thought I escaped from these people when I left high school.

It seems they constantly, chatter away in an asinine fashion solely because they are too goddamn stupid to realize they exist so they have to hear sound come out of their empty heads to confirm their futile existance.

I am grateful that in my studio there are none of these sort of people. I am part of a respectful and intelligent bunch that doesn't need constant attention thrown at them. I like that.

Now, if you are one of these "drama fags", I have one piece of advice for you:

SHUT! THE! FUCK! UP!!!!

Seriously. No one gives a shit about how you're the "class greeter for the day". Just fucking stop it.

Now that that's settled, I have a date with one Chan Marshall.



Here's here new song off her soon-to-be released album.
Relish it, bathe in it, eat it for fucking dinner. It's THAT good.

The Greatest - Cat Power.


That was my rant. I hope you learned something.


Especially YOU!

No comments: