Sunday, March 19, 2006

I think I saw the girl who works at Other Music smile...

Well, I figured it was about time for Sime to do a good ol' fashioned music post, doncha think?
I think so. Here we go!

I was at the always reliable Other Music today with some friends from Cornell (that school with the...gorges) and I got a good recommendation from one of them for this cd:

It's actually a four song ep called Farewell Forest by Telepathe.
If you're into Gang Gang Dance and Animal Collective, you might wannt to check them out. They're actually on the same label as Gang Gang Dance. The label is The Social Registry.
The friend that made the recommendation also said that pretty much every band on that label now is quite good.
I suggest you check out their website here and see for yourself. They have plenty of mp3s from all the bands. I suggest you check out The Telepathe song they have there and also the band Psychic Ills. They're pretty rockin too.
And if you haven't heard Gang Gang Dance, give them a listen while you're there.
Go crazy!

Alright, that's enough of that. I hope everyone out there in NYU land had a fun and reckless spring break. Now it's time to work. Stop smiling! Go to bed!

Peace.

No comments: